The auto lab is focussed on the development of a Gasoline Direct Injection Engine (GDI engine) of small capacity which can be used on two and three wheelers and also scaled up and used on small cars.
To use the facilities available in this lab, please write to: email@example.com
List of some of the major facilities /rigs available in this lab
- Rig for use of research engine with optical access to the combustion chamber to conduct experiments under controlled conditions, for evaluating the interaction between fuel sprays and combustion chambers of different geometries with air motion being one of the prime variables.
- Rig with steady state dynamometer capable of loading a single cylinder engine for combustion chamber pressure measurement and also emission measurement. The developed combustion chambers and nozzles will be evaluated on this test rig and initial values of fuel injection parameters and other operating conditions will be established. Here experiments will also be conducted on a state of the art commercially available GDI engine for benchmarking.
- Rig with transient loading capabilities with ability to take the engine through actual road load operating conditions. This will enable us to evaluate the finalized combustion chamber geometries and fine tune injection strategies for performance and emission control under transient operation.
- Special test rigs have been developed to conduct experiments using optical diagnostic tools to determine the influence of fuel injection parameters on the fuel spray development and its influence on combustion
List of some of the major equipment available in this lab:
- Air flow meters
- Combustion analyser
- Data acquisition systems
- Eddy current dynamometer
- Emission analyser
- FTIR analyser
- High speed cameras
- Intake air conditioning unit
- Optical engine
- Open engine controllers
- Smoke meter
- Transient dynamometer
- Transient fuel flow meter