The LDL is well equipped with several 'state of the art' lasers that are used for the development and application of advanced laser based diagnostics for combustion applications. This includes flow field characterization through 2C, stereoscopic and tomographic PIV coupled with simultaneous measurements to deduce concentrations of radicals like OH, PAH, HCHO through PLIF (both at low and high rep. rates) and of soot through LII in premixed, non-premixed and partially premixed combustion.
To use the facilities available in this lab, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
List of some of the major equipment available in this lab:
- CCD and CMOS cameras with intensifiers - (Pixelfly, Sensicam, PI-MAX, Speedsense, TOMOcamera
- Double pulse Nd:YAG laser (10 Hz) - Twins Ultra, Bernoulli
- Double pulse Nd:YLF laser (~kHz) - LDY-XXX,
- Nd:YAG pumped dye lasers (both 10 Hz and kHz order) - YG-981+TDL+, EdgewaveXXX+Narrowscan
- Single pulse Nd:YAG lasers (10 Hz) - Q-Smart 850, Brilliant B