Assistant Professor Dept of Aerospace Engg., IISc Bangalore
CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST
Theoretical & Computational Aeroacoustics, Linear & Non-linear Stability Theories, Wave Dynamics, Combustion & Heat Transfer
PERSONAL HOME PAGE
- A. Samanta, and J. B. Freund, "A model supersonic buried-nozzle jet: vortical and acoustic wave scattering and the far-field sound," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 778, 2015, pp. 189-215.
- A. Samanta, D. Appelo, T. Colonius, J. Nott, and J. Hall, "Reply by the authors to G. E. Dorrington," AIAA Journal, vol. 49, no. 4, 2011, pp. 877-878.
- A. Samanta, D. Appelo, T. Colonius, J. Nott, and J. Hall, "Computational modeling and experiments of natural convection for a Titan Montgolfiere," AIAA Journal, vol. 48, no. 5, 2010, pp. 1007-1016.
- T. Colonius, A. Samanta, and K. Gudmundsson, "Parabolized stability equation models of large-scale jet mixing noise," Procedia Engineering, vol. 6, 2010, pp. 64-73.
- A. Samanta, and J. B. Freund, "Finite-wavelength scattering of incident vorticity and acoustic waves at a shrouded-jet exit," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 612, 2008, pp. 407-438.
- A. Samanta, J. B. Freund, M. Wei, and S. K. Lele, "Robustness of acoustic analogies for predicting mixing-layer noise," AIAA Journal, vol. 44, no. 11, 2006, pp. 2780-2786.
- D. Rodriguez, A. Samanta, A. V. Cavalieri, T. Colonius, and P. Jordan, "Parabolized stability equation models for predicting large-scale mixing noise of turbulent jets," in AIAA Paper 2011-2838, 2011.
- A. Samanta, and J. B. Freund, "Acoustic reflection of vorticity waves at a shrouded-jet exit in "howling" resonances," in AIAA Paper 2008-3051, 2008.
- J. B. Freund, V. Topalian, A. Samanta, J. Kim, and A. Haselbacher, "Superresonances in AEDC altitude test cells," in AIAA Paper 2007-1619, 2007.
- J. B. Freund, A. Samanta, S. K. Lele, and M. Wei, "The robustness of acoustic analogies," in AIAA Paper 2005-2940, 2005.
- Postdoctoral Scholar, California Institute of Technology (2009)
- Assistant Professor, IISc, Bangalore (2011)
- National Centre for Combustion Research and Development
- Aeroacoustic Scattering of Coherent Structures at a Solid Surface Edge (2014-16). ARDB Aerodynamics.
- Modelling and Simulation of Thermoacoustic Heat Engines (2015-17). DST-UKIERI.
List of Students
- Understanding Aeroacoustic Scattering of Supersonic Shrouded Jets (2012-15). ISRO-IISc STC
- Santhosh A. K., Ongoing. On modeling and simulations in turbomachinery aeroacoustics.
- Charulatha M., Ongoing. On biglobal stability of thermoacoustic engines.
- Abhishek Mishra, 2014. Spatial stability of compressible swirling flows. Winner of D. Narayanamurti Medal for Best M.E. Student 2014.
- Gaurav, 2014. BiGlobal stability of a rotating cylindrical tank.
- Ankur Nagpal, 2013. A two-dimensional computational study of interacting twin jet noise. Winner of Sabita Chaudhuri Memorial Medal for Best M.E. Student 2013.